Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Blue Whale

Another piece by Satoshi Kamiya. I really like how it looks like it has the texture of a real whale. Folding this took a few hours, but mostly it was fairly simple stuff. This one had lots and lots of pleating and unpleating and repleating. There were a couple parts that I’m not certain I did correctly, but it looks about the way it’s supposed to, so I’m not complaining.
The foil coated wrapping paper I used for this and the pegasus is nice to work with. First of all it’s wrapping paper, so it’s easy to get large pieces of it. Second, it’s thin but still holds a crease well, so it’s good for more complicated models that end up with lots and lots of layers, such as the dragon I tried to make a few weeks ago. I need to try that again sometime. This wrapping paper is also fairly sturdy and holds up to being worked with a lot pretty well. The color does tend to rub off in the places that are handled the most, such as the legs of the pegasus I wrote about in my last post, but that’s a fairly minor issue. I hope I have enough to last me for a while.

1 comment: