Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Unfinished Bahamut

I've been working on Bahamut/Divine Dragon, a piece designed by Satoshi Kamiya. It's taking me a while to get it right. I'm currently on my fourth attempt. My first try was with butcher paper, which worked well at first, but ended up not being sturdy enough. Try number two was with some heavy brown paper, similar to what paper bags are made out of. That worked pretty well and I managed to get about halfway done before there were so many layers that the thick paper didn't work at all. The third attempt was with a sheet of wrapping paper. It wasn't square or cut cleanly, so nothing lined up right and it kept tearing at the edges. My current attempt is going pretty well. I'm using wrapping paper again but this time it's fairly close to a square and cleanly cut, and has stood up pretty well. I'm not very far into it yet, but I've got high hopes for this one.

 - Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment